Polina Semionova - Russian Masters
- Principal Dancer at Berlin Staatsballet
- Principal Dancer at the American Ballet Theatre
- Principal Guest Artist at Mikhailovsky Theatre and Bayerische Staats Oper
- Awards: Benois de la Danse, Dancer of the Year, Vaganova-Prix Moscow International Ballet Competition…
- Professional Program Alicante
- Professional Program Istanbul
- Professional Program St.Petersburg
- Open Professional Program Alicante
- Open Professional Program Istanbul
- Pre-Professional Program St.Petersburg
- Open Professional Program St.Petersburg
- Teachers Program Istanbul
- Observation Program St.Petersburg
Polina Semionova was born in Moscow and studied at the Bolshoi Ballet School. At 17 years old, she joined the Berlin State Opera Ballet as a principal dancer. In September 2012 joined American Ballet Theatre as a Principal Dancer.
Her repertoire includes:
Odette-Odile in Swan Lake; Nikiya in La Bayadere; Marie in The Nutcracker; Princess Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty;Swanilda in Coppellia; Kitri in Don Quixote;Giselle, Myrta in Giselle; Tatiana in John Cranko's Onegin; Sieglinde and Brunhilde in Maurice Bejart's Ring um den Ring; Manon in Manon; Juliet in John Cranko's,Sir Kenneth McMillan's, Leonid Lavrovskij's, Nacho Duato's Romeo and Juliet;Scheherazade ;Les Sylphides;Carmen in Roland Petit'sCarmen; Sylvia in Sir Frederick Ashton's Sylvia.Principal roles in Jerome Robbins' Afternoon of a Faun; George Balanchine's Ballet Imperial, Apollo (Terpsichore), A Midsummer Night's Dream, Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, Diamonds, Theme and Variations, Symphony in C;William Forsythe's The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude, Herman Schmermann ; John Neuemeyer 's Nutcracker , Midsummer Night's Dream , The Lady of the Camellias,Kylian's Return to the Strange Land.
She has also appeared in works by Nacho Duato ,Mauro Bigonzetti, Patrice Bard , Renato Zanella, Uwe Scholz,Alexey Ratmanskij , Twyla Tharp, Anthony Tudor ,Christian Spuck...
Semionova has also danced as a guest artist with Teatro alla Scala ,American Ballet Theatre,Bayerische State Opera, Mikhailovskiy Theatre,Semper Opera, English National Ballet , Tokyo Ballet, Vienna State Opera Ballet ,Zurich Ballet,Maryinsky Ballet ,Bolshoi Ballet, Stuttgart Ballet , Opera del Roma ..
a gold medal at the Moscow International Ballet Competition in 2001,
First Prize at the Vaganova-Prix Ballet Competition in St. Petersburg ,
the Junior Prize at the Nagoya International Ballet Competition in 2002,Daphne Prize (2004),
German Critics Choice Award (2005),
Dancer of the Year (2007)
Prize of Heinz Spoerli( 2007)
Prize Benois de la Dance(2014)
Dancer of the Year ( 2018)
In 2013 she became a professor of Staatliche Ballett Schule in Berlin, Germany